So, what does all this mean? Well, the desert represents all of the hardships in your life. Those times when things are not just not running smoothly. The order in which you left the animals behind represents the way you prioritize the major things in your life during these tough situations.
According to traditional Japanese beliefs, the animals represent:
1. Sheep = Friendship
2. Monkey = Your Children
3. Lion = Pride
4. Cow = Basic Needs
5. Horse = Your Passion
So, in the face of hardship, you will sacrifice each of these things in the order you left them behind. The remaining animal represents the thing which you cling to at the expense of all others.
this is the way i saw that test...
1. do i need a fuckin sheep? at least the monkey can ride on the horse with me.
2. sorry, the monkey had to go cause i might need the loin to protect me or something.
3. k, the lion had to go cause i figured id be on the horse anyway so id rather take my chances than die cause i didnt have anything to drink.
4. the cow had to go since i was almost there and %110 too lazy to walk the rest of the way.
5. i like horses :o)
but, if i were to think of it the way they did it would have been...
1. my passion
3. basic needs or friendship (depending on who it was)
4. see #3
5. my children